Several noteworthy changes to planning law came into force on 6 April 2014.
The changes introduce a number of new permitted development rights for change of use:
- New Class CA allows a building used as a shop to be used as a bank, a building society, a credit union or a friendly society.
- New Class IA allows buildings used as shops or for the provision of financial or professional services to change to residential use.
- Class K is expanded to allow buildings used for a variety of uses to become nurseries.
- New Class MA allows agricultural buildings to become schools or nurseries.
- New Class MB allows agricultural buildings to change to residential use.
Newnham & Jordan can advise you on all property related legal matters.
Call us now on 0845 680 7871
This article is intended for general information purposes only and shall not be deemed to be, or constitute legal advice. Newnham & Jordan Solicitors cannot accept responsibility for any loss as a result of acts or omissions taken in respect of this article or any external articles it may refer or link to.